There are several differences between being an avid home cook and cooking in a restaurant.
1. The extremely long hours and little sleep.
2. The ability to multitask.
3. There is no room for error.
4. The pressure of cooking 3 or 4 dishes at once and getting everything perfect.
5. The sheer volume of food to produce, and the little time you have to do it.
6. The abuse when it all goes tits up.
7. The Prep.
8. Crap pay.
9. Staff food. Sucks.10. The guilt when you send something out that you know is not 100% perfect. But you have no choice