Tuesday 4 October 2011

Brunch @ The Big Chill House



I was supposed to have written and published before our 3 week trip to China, but with last minute preparations at home and work shelved all thoughts of that.
So here it is.
A week or so ago I was contacted by a lady from fourteenten.com, who sent me a card offering me to try #breakfastmyway at the Big Chill House in Kings Cross. Who am I to turn down a chance to sample a place offering a new take on one of my favourite meals of the day.


Thankfully this was not just for breakfast, but they do brunch at weekends as well. Phew, as working in West London it makes KX a difficult place to get to for a quick brekkie.
I managed to fit in a couple of visits to the Big Chill House. It’s more known for its weekend gig nights than breakfast. But this they are trying to change.


I love nothing more than watching the world go by and this I did very easily with their large windows facing onto Pentonville Road.
The menu is pretty extensive ranging from the Full English to Boiled Eggs with Soldiers and everything inbetween.
I can personally recommend the Homemade Rosti of grated potato, onion and egg served with mushrooms and top with a fried egg. Delish.


Also the Muffin was a star. This is the Big Chill’s take on the Egg Benedict. A lovely toasted muffin topped with a fried egg and streaky bacon. No hollandaise sauce but a good dollop of brown sauce surely made up for it.


There are also some healthy options on the menu as well, the cereals and the Greek yoghurt berry compote all look pretty good if you are into healthy breakfast. Unfortunately I am not. So my next visit I will be having the full English.
Before I forget the @BigChillHouse are giving away 3 free breakfasts each week to people who tweet what they had for breakfast using #breakfastmyway. This goes on until the end of October. So get tweeting now.


Big Chill House on Urbanspoon

No comments: